Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ariel <is...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/04 21:27:14 UTC

How to index correctly taking in account the synonyms using Wordnet ???

Hi every body:

I am using wordnet to index my document taking in account the synonyms
with wordnet.
After I indexed the whole documents collections I made a query with
the word "snort" but documents that contain the word bird are
retrieved, I don't understand this because snort and bird are not
synonyms then Why are the documents that contain "bird" retrieved ???

Could help me to solve that problem ???

How do you index your documents using wordnet ???

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Ariel

Re: How to index correctly taking in account the synonyms using Wordnet ???

Posted by Ariel <is...@gmail.com>.
Well, I have the luke 0.8, I opened my index with that tool but there is not
any clue of synonyms in the field I have indexed with the synonym analyzer.
I don't know how can I see the group of synonyms of each term, sould
somebody tell me hot to do that ???

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ariel <is...@gmail.com>.
How can I see the senses of a word with wordnet ??? And How could I select
the most populars ???
Is there a way to make queries ignoring the synonyms I have added to the

I hope you can help me.

Regards
Ariel