Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> on 2018/10/29 07:36:12 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.5.5 released

The Apache Flink community is very happy to announce the release of
Apache Flink 1.5.5, which is the fifth bugfix release for the Apache
Flink 1.5 series.

Apache Flink® is an open-source stream processing framework for
distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate data
streaming applications.

The release is available for download at:
https://flink.apache.org/downloads.html

Please check out the release blog post for an overview of the
improvements for this bugfix release:
https://flink.apache.org/news/2018/10/29/release-1.5.5.html

The full release notes are available in Jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12344112

We would like to thank all contributors of the Apache Flink community
who made this release possible!

Regards,
Chesnay

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.5.5 released

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
No this wasn't intentional. This should actually be quite a big problem
since force-shading is a dependency of all modules; if it is missing
users cannot compile against 1.5.5 dependencies.

I don't think this has happened before and am rather puzzled how it can,
will investigate more tomorrow.

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Great work! :)

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.