Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@google.com> on 2012/09/24 22:50:57 UTC

Having a shared thread pool on Android

I added a Executors.newCachedThreadPool() to PluginManager, and it greatly
improved performance of async tasks. I'm now wondering - is there any
reason to not put this in CordovaInterface and have an app-wide thread-pool?

Other than wanting to give threads a name, I can't think of why you'd ever
want to create a new thread instead of using a thread pool...

Re: Having a shared thread pool on Android

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@gmail.com>.
+1