Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Stopp, Bryan" <Br...@argushealth.com> on 2009/05/01 21:01:07 UTC

List Restful WebServices

After some struggling i was finally able a JAX-RS webservice (using
annotations) up and running. The problem is i can't seem to located the
webservice!

My CXF Servlet is set up to respond on URL

/monitor/

And my webService is coded-up ala:

@Path("/monitor/")
public class MonitorTest {

    @GET
    public Response runTest() {
        System.out.println("Hit the test!!!");
        return Response.ok().build();
    }

}

When i start my tomcat i see this in the logs:

INFO: Setting the server's publish address to be /monitor/

And when hit the url: http://localhost:8080/jaxrs-tests/monitor/
<http://localhost:8080/jaxrs-tests/monitor/>   I see "Available
Services:" but nothing else listed. I also tried
http://localhost:8080/jaxrs-tests/monitor/services/
<http://localhost:8080/jaxrs-tests/monitor/services/>  but got the same
result.

Can anyone tell me how to find out what my webservice's URL is?

-B

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
This email transmission contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of the email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this email transmission is strictly prohibited by the sender.  If you have received this transmission in error, please delete the email and immediately notify the sender via the email return address or mailto:postmaster@argushealth.com.  Thank you.

RE: List Restful WebServices

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.
Hi

Some information is here

http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jax-rs.html#JAX-RS-Multipleendpointsand
resourceclasses

(See section "How the request URI is matched..."), for some reasonsm
even though this section is seen in the TOC, the link to it is not
working

For ex, name of webapp is "rest", CXFServlet's url pattern is "/cxf/*",
jaxrs:address is "/service", and the resource class's path is "/monitor"

So it will be /rest/cxf/service/monitor/* URIs that will be matched
against this resource class.
You can make it /rest/service/monitor/* if CXFServlet will use "/*" or
both
CXFServlet and jaxrs:address will do "/*" but Path will be
/service/monitor.

Likewise you can make it

/rest/cxf/monitor/*

If you do /* in jaxrs:endpoint or both
CXFServlet and jaxrs:address will do "/*" but Path will be /cxf/monitor

Hope it helps,
Cheers, Sergey