Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by madhavan kumar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/24 00:24:54 UTC

Remote kafka - Connection refused.

Dear all,
    I am trying to connect my python consumer to a remote kafka server. But
in kafka/conn.py#reinit, the socket call socket.create_connection throws
"connection refused" error.
to confirm, it is not a firewall issue, i tried connecting to other servers
(in the same machine as kafka server) from my local m/c and the socket
connection works. connection refused happens, only for kafka server.
i am running kafka-0.8.2 and in which log file, can i see the stacktraces
(or) more useful information for errors related to connection requests?

thanks,
saravana

Re: Remote kafka - Connection refused.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.