Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Marco Ferretti <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/11 11:57:47 UTC

DASL depth failure ?

Hi all.

I have read the specs on dasl search
(http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html)
and got ( on slide ) some funny behaviours . Here's my test case  :

create, under /slide/files, a collection tree of depth 4 (+1) : eg 0/1/2/3/4
and then submit the following dasl search string :
<d:searchrequest xmlns:d="DAV:">
  <d:basicsearch>
    <d:select>
      <d:allprop/>
    </d:select>
    <d:from>
      <d:scope>
        <d:href>0</d:href>
        <d:depth>$DEPTH</d:depth>
      </d:scope>
    </d:from>
  </d:basicsearch>
</d:searchrequest>

where you have to substitute $DEPTH with 0,1,2,3,infinity .
What I get is

$DEPTH = 0 		|  hits = 0 			CORRECT
$DEPTH = 1 		|  hits = 0,1 			CORRECT
$DEPTH = 2 		|  hits = 0,1,2,3 		INCORRECT (should be 0,1,2 )
$DEPTH = 3 		|  hits = 0,1,2,3		CORRECT
$DEPTH = infinity 	|  hits = 0,1,2,3		INCORRECT (should be 0,1,2,3,4 )

I have tested on hypersonic and mySQL stores, getting the same results, so it
doesn't seem to be a store problem . I tried to look @ the bug database on
apache but didn't find anything like this .

Is there something that I am missing here or should I submit a bug report ??

TIA

Marco

--
Thus spake the master programmer:
	"Without the wind, the grass does not move.  Without software,

Re: DASL depth failure ?

Posted by Marco Ferretti <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wednesday 11 May 2005 12:03, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Marco Ferretti wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I have read the specs on dasl search
> > (http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html
> >) and got ( on slide ) some funny behaviours . Here's my test case  :
> >
> > create, under /slide/files, a collection tree of depth 4 (+1) : eg
> > 0/1/2/3/4 and then submit the following dasl search string :
> > <d:searchrequest xmlns:d="DAV:">
> >   <d:basicsearch>
> >     <d:select>
> >       <d:allprop/>
> >     </d:select>
> >     <d:from>
> >       <d:scope>
> >         <d:href>0</d:href>
> >         <d:depth>$DEPTH</d:depth>
> >       </d:scope>
> >     </d:from>
> >   </d:basicsearch>
> > </d:searchrequest>
> >
> > where you have to substitute $DEPTH with 0,1,2,3,infinity .
> > What I get is
> >
> > $DEPTH = 0 		|  hits = 0 			CORRECT
> > $DEPTH = 1 		|  hits = 0,1 			CORRECT
> > $DEPTH = 2 		|  hits = 0,1,2,3 		INCORRECT (should be 0,1,2 )
> > $DEPTH = 3 		|  hits = 0,1,2,3		CORRECT
> > $DEPTH = infinity 	|  hits = 0,1,2,3		INCORRECT (should be 0,1,2,3,4 )
> >
> > I have tested on hypersonic and mySQL stores, getting the same results,
> > so it doesn't seem to be a store problem . I tried to look @ the bug
> > database on apache but didn't find anything like this .
> >
> > Is there something that I am missing here or should I submit a bug report
> > ??
>
> 1) The only legal values for depth are 0, 1 and "infinity"
> (<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html#
>rfc.section.5.4>). Accepting any other value IMHO is a bug.
>
> 2) I think there's a depth limit configured within Slide.
>
> Best regards, Julian

Hi Julian

thanks *a lot* for your reply. I did some more investigation and testing with
slide and removed the depth limit ( in web.xml there's a default of 3 I
wasn't aware about ) but I still am getting a maximum depth return of 3 even
with infinity set ( latter case ) . I looked at the slide server's code and
saw that it actually defaults to 3 if it doesn't find anything ... suppose
I'll post the wiki .

Again thanks a lot 4 your directions

Re: DASL depth failure ?

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.