Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by William Martin <ma...@adelphia.net> on 2003/01/12 21:44:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Why am I still getting this erro

Sorry for bothering you again. I'm about to give up.  I have my Apache
2.0.43 set up and running. Great!  Now, when I tried to view the cgi-bin
directory from my browser, I get this, "You don't have permission".  So I
launch my FTP and view the directory. I can upload, download, view, etc..
whatever I need to do but I cannot set the Chmod.  Below is the message that
I am getting from my WS_FTP.

 WINSOCK.DLL: WinSock 2.0
WS_FTP95 LE 4.60 98.03.17, Copyright © 1992-1998 Ipswitch, Inc.
- -
connecting to 192.168.1.100:21
Connected to 192.168.1.100 port 21
220 www.wmmartin.com
USER admin
331 Password required for admin.
PASS (hidden)
230 User martin logged in.
PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
Host type (S): UNIX (standard)
PORT 192,168,1,100,15,174
200 Port command successful.
LIST
150 Opening data connection for directory list.
Received 1027 bytes in 0.1 secs, (100.00 Kbps), transfer succeeded
226 Transfer ok
CWD htdocs
250 CWD command successful. "/htdocs" is current directory.
PWD
257 "/htdocs" is current directory.
PORT 192,168,1,100,15,175
200 Port command successful.
LIST
150 Opening data connection for directory list.
Received 3012 bytes in 0.1 secs, (290.00 Kbps), transfer succeeded
226 Transfer ok
SITE chmod 744 gtchat
500 Unknown command.
! Chmod failed. It may not be supported on remote host.

I don't understand why the Chmod failed. I have installed ActiveState on my
computer and it's residing in D:\Perl\bin\ directory.  I have changed the
path on the cgi files to reflect that. I would really appreciated any help
on this matter.

Oh another thing.. Where did the "user martin" come from when I'm using the
Admin and password for that?

I am using Windows 2000 Pro.

William

Re: [users@httpd] Why am I still getting this erro

Posted by Remo Mattei <re...@italy1.com>.
You can modify your httpd.conf and tell it to allow browsing on your
cgi-bin. I do not suggest that but it's up to you :)

Options Indexes

Remo

Posted by Thomas Bolioli <in...@terranovum.com>.

Posted by Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>.