Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Mackram <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/28 15:36:07 UTC

running mahout with lucene.vector produces a dictionary output only

Hey everyone,

I have a simple question to ask and hopefully someone can point me in the
right direction. I have a Solr setup with several documents in it (in the
thousands). I have downloaded the latest mahout trunk and attempted to
create vectors out of the solr index as is shown in the wiki by using the
command

"./bin/mahout lucene.vector --dir /usr/local/solr/data/index/ --field
englishContent --idField id --dictOut ~/dict.vec --norm 2 --output ~/out.txt
--max 50"

The command runs and produces the file dict.vec in my case but no out.txt. I
have no idea why this is and would really appreciate a pointer to what could
be happening.

Re: running mahout with lucene.vector produces a dictionary output only

Posted by Lahiru Samarakoon <la...@gmail.com>.
Guys, any suggesstions?

Thanks,
Lahiru

Posted by Lahiru Samarakoon <la...@gmail.com>.
Dear All,

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
+mahout-user

Fwd: running mahout with lucene.vector produces a dictionary output only

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Hi Macram,

Your question is best asked at user@mahout.apache.org.

-Grant

On Oct 28, 2010, at 9:36 AM, Mackram wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I have a simple question to ask and hopefully someone can point me in the
> right direction. I have a Solr setup with several documents in it (in the
> thousands). I have downloaded the latest mahout trunk and attempted to
> create vectors out of the solr index as is shown in the wiki by using the
> command
>
> "./bin/mahout lucene.vector --dir /usr/local/solr/data/index/ --field
> englishContent --idField id --dictOut ~/dict.vec --norm 2 --output ~/out.txt
> --max 50"
>
> The command runs and produces the file dict.vec in my case but no out.txt. I
> have no idea why this is and would really appreciate a pointer to what could
> be happening.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com