Posted to notifications@ant.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/01/13 11:40:09 UTC

[Ant Wiki] Update of "AntNewbies" by superman

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The "AntNewbies" page has been changed by superman.
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/AntNewbies?action=diff&rev1=57&rev2=58

  It complains The <buildUtility> type doesn't support the nested "Argument' element

+ Question #19 '''Why I get the version of java when I type : ant -version'''
+
+ OS: Linux RH4EL
+
+ Ant version: 1.7.1
+
+ Java version : 1.4.2
+
+ ANT_HOME: /usr/local/bin/ant
+
+
+ {{{
+ [root@drago bin]# java -version
+ java version "1.4.2"
+ gcj (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-11)
+ Copyright © 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
+ Ce logiciel est libre; voir les sources pour les conditions de copie.  Il n'y a PAS
+ GARANTIE; ni implicite pour le MARCHANDAGE ou pour un BUT PARTICULIER.
+
+ [root@drago bin]# ant -version
+ java version "1.4.2"
+ gcj (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-11)
+ Copyright © 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
+ Ce logiciel est libre; voir les sources pour les conditions de copie.  Il n'y a PAS
+ GARANTIE; ni implicite pour le MARCHANDAGE ou pour un BUT PARTICULIER.
+ }}}
+
  ---- /!\ '''End of edit conflict''' ----
  ----
  CategoryCategory CategoryCategory

+
+
+

Re: [Ant Wiki] Update of "AntNewbies" by superman

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Jesse Glick wrote:
> Apache Wiki wrote:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/ant/AntNewbies?action=diff&rev1=57&rev2=58
>>
>> + Question #19 '''Why I get the version of java when I type : ant
>> -version'''
>
> This kind of page seems to lend itself to questions without answers,
> or with only unverified answers. Can't we just direct people to
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/ant for this kind of thing?

I think the person "superman" who did this posting should have asked the
question on the ant user list. I did not know about this page on
stackoverflow.

Uhhmm, I see that the top of the AntNewbies page mentions the user list
already.

Regards,
Antoine

Re: [Ant Wiki] Update of "AntNewbies" by superman

Posted by Jesse Glick <Je...@Sun.COM>.