Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2016/03/29 20:04:16 UTC

[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.12.0 Released

The Apache Isis team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Isis
v1.12.0.

New features in this release include:

* much enhanced support for custom layouts, using an optional separate XML
layout file "Xxx.layout.xml".  This is similar in concept to the earlier
support we have had for custom layouts through a `.layout.json` file, but
introduces the ability to position object members anywhere using
(bootstrap3) columns and rows.  It also brings in support for tabgroups,
and allows object members to be included in the page more than once (eg a
table view and also a calendar view).

* a change to the editing of objects: rather than an 'edit' button which
toggles the entire page into edit mode, instead each property is edited
individually.

* various new domain services.  Some of these are in supoprt of the dynamic
layouts functionality, others including new access into Apache Isis'
metamodel.  In addition, the `DomainObjectContainer` service has been
deprecated, replaced by a number of fine-grained services such as
`RepositoryService` and `MessageService`.

* a number of new mixins, to automatically surface in the UI an entity's
id, version (if any) as properties, and actions to download the layout XML
and other metadata actions.  (These can always be hidden using either
security or by writing a subscriber; see the migration notes).

* JAXB view models are now automatically editable by default.

Full release notes are available on the Apache Isis website at [1].  Please
also read the migration notes [2].

You can access this release directly from the Maven central repo [3], or
download the release and build it from
source [4].

Enjoy!

--The Apache Isis team

[1] http://isis.apache.org/release-notes.html#r1.12.0
[2]
http://isis.apache.org/migration-notes.html#_migration-notes_1.11.0-to-1.12.0
[3] http://search.maven.org
[4] http://isis.apache.org/downloads.html

RE: [ANN] Apache Isis version 1.12.0 Released

RE: [ANN] Apache Isis version 1.12.0 Released

Posted by Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl>.
Ok. thanks. I haven't tried it yet using the 1.11-addons but will do that.

Erik

Posted by Cesar Lugo <ce...@sisorg.com.mx>.
This commands switch to Java 8 by default in Google Cloud, by raising the priority.

sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bi
n/java 20000

Cesar.

Posted by German Vivero <ge...@colonia-suiza.com>.
tnk Dan, as always , very nice job...

[image: Description: M HD:Users:msolevaz:Documents:CUCAMONGA:COLONIA
SUIZA:PIE DE MAIL CSS:Pie Octubre15:CSS-Firma-Oct15-p1.png]

*Germán Vivero*

Sistemas

Tel. (+5411) 6009.2626 - int. 425

german.vivero@colonia-suiza.com <ju...@colonia-suiza.com>

[image: Description: M HD:Users:msolevaz:Documents:CUCAMONGA:COLONIA
SUIZA:PIE DE MAIL CSS:Pie Octubre15:CSS-Firma-Oct15-p2.png]

[image: Description: M HD:Users:msolevaz:Documents:CUCAMONGA:COLONIA
SUIZA:PIE DE MAIL CSS:Pie Octubre15:CSS-Firma-Oct15-p3.png]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/colonia-suiza-salud?trk=top_nav_home>[image:
MAIL CSS:Pie Octubre15:CSS-Firma-Oct15-p4.png]
<http://www.colonia-suiza.com/>
<http://www.colonia-suiza.com/>

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl>.
Thank you very much, guys! Another great release again.