Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Jian, David" <DJ...@priceinteractive.com> on 2000/12/01 17:17:12 UTC

Soap listener's classpath

I installed soap, tomcat 3.1 and xerces 1.2.2. I also add set
CLASSPATH=D:\xerces-1_2_2\xerces.jar;%CLASSPATH% in
tomcat.bat. What I don't understand is how to make the
samples.stockquote.GetQuote class available on the Apache-SOAP listener's
classpath. That's why when I run the client, I try to add soap.jar and
/foo/soap-2_0 to classpath.

After the installation, does GetQuote service is deployed? but for me there
is nothing for delpoyment. I have
do that manually as:

ID: urn:xmltoday-delayed-quotes
Scope: Application
Methods: getQuote
Provider Type: java
Provider Class: samples.stockquote.StockQuoteService
Static? true
The rest of property: leave along

Then I run the sample client GetQuote. I get error as
"org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup
in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed", the tomcat
server site get error as:

>>(Fri Dec 01 10:23:15 EST 2000) Processing SOAP request...
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lang/String; not found
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:78)
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
        at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.
java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va:597)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java
:257)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.j
ava, Compiled Code)

Any suggestion to fix it?

Thanks

DJ