Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Attila Bukor <ab...@apache.org> on 2018/10/12 10:12:03 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.8.0-RC1

Hi,

The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the first release candidate for
Apache Kudu 1.8.0.

Apache Kudu 1.8.0 is a minor release that offers many improvements and fixes
since the prior release.

The is a source-only release. The artifacts have been staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/kudu/1.8.0-RC1/

Java convenience binaries in the form of a Maven repository are staged here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1025

It is tagged in Git as 1.8.0-RC1 and the corresponding hash is the following:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=ac9e22e33f621cefb2e925f257512c9e0103d82d

The release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/kudu/blob/1.8.0-RC1/docs/release_notes.adoc

The KEYS file to verify the artifact signatures can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/kudu/KEYS

I'd suggest going through the README and the release notes, building Kudu, and
running the unit tests. Testing out the Maven repo would also be appreciated.

The vote will run at least until Monday, October 15th at 11:59PM PDT. This is
a bit more than the required 72 hours due to the weekend.

Thank you,
Attila

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.8.0-RC1

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.