Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mindaugas Milinavičius <mi...@clustspace.com> on 2016/05/04 08:59:22 UTC

CloudStack and ScaleIO

Hello,

does anyone using CS with ScaleIO?

If you using:

1. Storage and VM's on the same servers or differents?
2. Do you use sdc and sds on the same server or differents? SDS:SDC 1:1 or
1:*?
3. Is it any problem with KVM?

Pagarbiai
Mindaugas Milinavičius
UAB STARNITA
Direktorius
http://www.clustspace.com
LT: +37068882880
RU: +79651806396

Tomorrow's possibilities today
<http://www.clustspace.com/>

   - 1 Core, 512MB RAM, 20GB SSD, 1Gbps, Unlimited, Location: Romania, Los
   Angeles, Ashburn Washington - 11EUR
   - 1 Core, 1024MB RAM, 30GB SSD, 1Gbps, Unlimited, Location: Romania, Los
   Angeles, Ashburn Washington - 18,7EUR
   - 2 Cores, 2048MB RAM, 40GB SSD, 1Gbps, Unlimited, Location: Romania,
   Los Angeles, Ashburn Washington - 27,5EUR
   - 4 Cores, 4096MB RAM, 100GB SSD, 1Gbps, Unlimited, Location: Romania,
   Los Angeles, Ashburn Washington - 46EUR

Re: CloudStack and ScaleIO

Posted by UAB STARNITA <ua...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

As i see, new version of ScaleIO supporting KVM....

What does it mean SDC+SDC?
4 мая 2016 г. 13:49 пользователь "Felipe Rossi" <fe...@rsantos.eti.br>

Re: CloudStack and ScaleIO

Posted by Felipe Rossi <fe...@rsantos.eti.br>.
Hi,

Re: CloudStack and ScaleIO

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.
I know of specific organization that is considering ScaleIO with
CloudStack and KVM.

If their POC succeeds, they will most likely work with EMC to create a
native CloudStack driver.

Based on the benchmarks, you should be able to run ScaleIO along side
KVM on the same server - assuming you have decent servers and good
network backplane to support your workload.

Regards
ilya