Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Randall Fidler <ra...@testadvantage.com> on 2009/08/06 18:26:07 UTC

Assembly Excludes

Hello,

            I'm trying to filter out some dependencies in an assembly
and it works from some but not others.  Here's the block I'm
referencing:

            <dependencySets>

                        <dependencySet>

<outputFileNameMapping>${artifactId}.${extension}</outputFileNameMapping

            <unpack>false</unpack>

                                    <scope>provided</scope>

            <outputDirectory>/libs</outputDirectory>

                                    <excludes>

                                                <!-- Exclude jars
provided by container -->

<exclude>javax.jms:jms</exclude>

<exclude>xerces:xercesImpl</exclude>

<!--<exclude>jboss:jbossall-client</exclude>-->

<exclude>jboss:jboss-system</exclude>

                                    </excludes>

<useStrictFiltering>true</useStrictFiltering>

        </dependencySet>

    </dependencySets>

</assembly>

If I uncomment that line trying to exclude jbossall-client the build
fails due to the useStrictFiltering (which is fine).  I have double and
triple checked the dependency group id and artifact id and it's correct
but for whatever reason, if I uncomment the line the exclude doesn't
trigger and if I comment the line out, I get the jar in the /libs
directory.  So the problem is that for whatever reason it just will not
exclude that jbossall-client dependency, which as far as I can tell has
the correct group/artifact id.  Is there any way to tell what the
assembly plugin is dealing with?  I.e. "I'm including {group
id}.{artifact id}"     That way I'd be able to tell what it 'thinks' the
meta-data for jbossall-client dependency is and exclude it.

NOTE: The other excludes work fine, no problem.

Thanks!

Randall

Re: Assembly Excludes

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

why havn't you defined those dependencies as "provided" ?

Kind Regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de