Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2013/10/30 13:30:30 UTC

merging qpidt into qpid-config

I have finally overcome my fear and loathing of modifying qpid-config[1]
and have added the capability to create, delete or list arbitrary broker
objects. All the original options and uses remain unchanged.

However now you can specify any type in conjunction with the 'add' and
'del' action and with the new 'list' action. This would make qpidt
redundant and would provide a more convenient way of managing some of
the new 1.0 related broker objects that have been added (domains,
incoming and outgoing links, topics and soon queue- and topic- policies).

For those interested there is a patch available for review and comment
at: https://reviews.apache.org/r/15083/.

[1] ...and now I wonder what I was making all the fuss about :-)

Re: Suggested for 0.26: merging qpidt into qpid-config

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On 11/01/2013 09:03 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 10/30/2013 12:30 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> I have finally overcome my fear and loathing of modifying qpid-config[1]
>> and have added the capability to create, delete or list arbitrary broker
>> objects. All the original options and uses remain unchanged.
>>
>> However now you can specify any type in conjunction with the 'add' and
>> 'del' action and with the new 'list' action. This would make qpidt
>> redundant and would provide a more convenient way of managing some of
>> the new 1.0 related broker objects that have been added (domains,
>> incoming and outgoing links, topics and soon queue- and topic- policies).
>>
>> For those interested there is a patch available for review and comment
>> at: https://reviews.apache.org/r/15083/.
>
> I've updated this patch thanks to the excellent feedback received. The list
> action now has better formatting for results and allows the attributes to be
> shown to be selected by the user via a new --show-property option.
>
> There are further enhancements and tweaks that could be made and more feedback
> is certainly always welcome.
>
> However I would also like to suggest that we get this committed for the 0.26
> release as an already much  better alternative to the qpidt test utility.
>
> I would also probably remove the qpidt utility itself unless that would cause
> difficulty for anyone?

Big +1 from me.

Suggested for 0.26: merging qpidt into qpid-config

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Re: merging qpidt into qpid-config

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
Nice one!