Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by "Toleikis, Aileen" <ai...@hpe.com> on 2021/10/04 13:07:36 UTC

Apache Atlas Kafka Schema Registry Commit - help on how to proceed

Hi Atlas development community,

Kafka Community is using Schema Registry more and more heavily but as Atlas is currently unaware of this, we worked on an extension that helps Atlas make use of the schemas.
We have tested this extension and we have production environments where Atlas will not be allowed without schema registry access.
We have received feedback that this extension would be sufficient to allow production use.
We submitted the JIRA request and submitted our patch:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-4246
https://reviews.apache.org/r/73286/
We got a review and then changed all proposed codelines and resubmitted the patch.

How do we proceed from here?
Can you help and guide us?

Kind regards,
Aileen