Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Sullivan, Sean" <su...@menloworldwide.com> on 2007/11/30 00:37:30 UTC

Axis2 WarBasedAxisConfigurator, load services from WEB-INF

I am using Axis 2 version 1.3 and Websphere 6.0

I examined the Axis2 WarBasedAxisConfigurator source code and noticed
that the configurator tries to load
services.xml from the WEB-INF folder

Inside my WAR, I have:

   WEB-INF/services.xml
   WEB-INF/foo.wsdl
   WEB-INF/foo.xsd
   WEB-INF/classes/com/mycorp/Foo.class
   WEB-INF/classes/com/mycorp/Etc.class

When my application starts up, I observe this:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Filename must not be null

The exception stack trace indicates that DeploymentEngine.java calls the
DeploymentFileData constructor.

DeploymentEngine.java line 1015 is:

          DeploymentFileData currentDeploymentFile = new
DeploymentFileData(null, null);

The two-arg constructor for DeploymentFileData calls the one-arg
constructor:

    public DeploymentFileData(File file, Deployer deployer) {
        this(file);
        this.deployer = deployer;
    }

    public DeploymentFileData(File file) {
        if (file == null) throw new IllegalArgumentException("Filename
must not be null");
        this.file = file;
    }

The one-arg constructor will always throw the exception because
DeploymentEngine.java line 1015 also passes null.

Is this a known bug?

Here is the full stack trace:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Filename must not be null
	at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.<init>(De
ploymentFileData.java:43)
	at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.<init>(De
ploymentFileData.java:48)
	at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.buildServiceGroup(Deploymen
tEngine.java:1015)
	at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.loadServicesFromWeb
Inf(WarBasedAxisConfigurator.java:309)
	at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.loadServices(WarBas
edAxisConfigurator.java:270)
	at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfiguration
Context(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:78)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.initConfigContext(AxisServle
t.java:500)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.init(AxisServlet.java:420)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:
310)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.initialize(ServletWrapper
.java:1696)
	at
com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.extension.WebExtensionProcessor.createServlet
Wrapper(WebExtensionProcessor.java:140)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.getServletWrapper(WebApp.java:820)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.initializeTargetMappings(WebApp.ja
va:547)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.initialize(WebApp.java:419)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.addWebApplication(WebGroup.java:
117)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.VirtualHost.addWebApplication(VirtualHost.java:1
28)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApp(WebContainer.java:939)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApplication(WebContainer.java
:892)
	at
com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.WebContainerImpl.install(WebContainerImpl.j
ava:167)
	at
com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.WebContainerImpl.start(WebContainerImpl.jav
a:391)
	at
com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.start(ApplicationMgrImpl
.java:1245)
	at
com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.fireDeployedObjectS
tart(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:1067)
	at
com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.start(DeployedModuleImpl
.java:547)
	at
com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.start(DeployedAppli
cationImpl.java:751)
	at
com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.startApplication(Applica
tionMgrImpl.java:909)
	at
com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.startApplication(Applica
tionMgrImpl.java:1429)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor48.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at
Impl.java(Compiled Code))
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code))
	at
javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.invokeMethod(RequiredMode
lMBean.java(Compiled Code))
	at
javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.invoke(RequiredModelMBean
.java:1012)
	at
mx4j.server.interceptor.InvokerMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerMBea
nServerInterceptor.java:233)
	at
mx4j.server.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBea
nServerInterceptor.java:128)
	at
mx4j.server.interceptor.SecurityMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(SecurityMB
eanServerInterceptor.java:86)
	at
mx4j.server.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBea
nServerInterceptor.java:128)
	at
mx4j.server.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBea
nServerInterceptor.java:128)
	at
mx4j.server.interceptor.ContextClassLoaderMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(
ContextClassLoaderMBeanServerInterceptor.java:167)
	at mx4j.server.MX4JMBeanServer.invoke(MX4JMBeanServer.java:1249)
	at
com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl$1.run(AdminServiceImpl.java:990)
	at
com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.
java(Compiled Code))
	at
com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl.invoke(AdminServiceImpl.java:906)
	at
com.ibm.ws.management.connector.AdminServiceDelegator.invoke(AdminServic
eDelegator.java:157)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor32.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at
Impl.java(Compiled Code))
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code))
	at
com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector.invoke(SOAPConnector.
java(Compiled Code))
	at
com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector.service(SOAPConnector
.java(Compiled Code))
	at
com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnection.handleRequest(SOAPCo
nnection.java(Compiled Code))
	at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java(
Compiled Code))
	at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java(Compiled Code))
	at
com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled Code))
]: {1}

Cheers,

Sean

RE: Axis2 WarBasedAxisConfigurator, load services from WEB-INF

Posted by "Pantvaidya, Vishwajit" <vp...@selectica.com>.
Hi Sean,

I had pointed out the same earlier.
See http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-user@ws.apache.org/msg35562.html
To get around, I just removed the services.xml from WEB-INF.

- Vish.