Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jlo_gestalt <jl...@gestalt-llc.com> on 2006/07/21 00:00:15 UTC

Unable to get a non jsr181 web service working

I have gotten the soap-binding example working, which uses the http and
jsr181 components.
But now I am trying to get a "pure" XFire component working, based off of
the below article, and I am unable too.

http://servicemix.org/site/xfire.html http://servicemix.org/site/xfire.html

Has anyone gotten this too work. I assume one will still need the http
component, but the article doesn't state this.
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

RE: Unable to get a non jsr181 web service working

Posted by jlo_gestalt <jl...@gestalt-llc.com>.
So you are saying that my web services are going to have to be external to
ServiceMix?

So it sounds like i have two options:
1) Use the http and jsr81 components and host the web services inside
ServiceMix (soap-binding ex)
2) Use the http component, configure consumer and provider endpoints, and
host my web services in an external container like JBoss or Tomcat using
axis or xfire for example.

I was expecting a third option that allowed me to host the web services in
ServiceMix without having to use the jsr181 component. That is what the
XFire example appeared to be to me (http://servicemix.org/site/xfire.html).
If it is, then this example is incomplete. I am unsure as to which xbean.xml
file to update and which servicemix.xml to update.

Posted by jlo_gestalt <jl...@gestalt-llc.com>.
I am only assuming its an option. Otherwise what is the point of the
incomplete XFire example:  http://servicemix.org/site/xfire.html

Posted by João Luz <jl...@sinfic.pt>.
Well I wasn't aware of this third option. For this option I think you have to use lw-container (http://servicemix.org/site/servicemix-lwcontainer.html).

João Vieira da Luz

Posted by João Luz <jl...@sinfic.pt>.
You have to configure two endpoints one is the consumer and the other is the provider like it is documented here.

Two things that you have to keep in mind:
	1 - Namespace of your endpoints must be same as the external service.
	2 - Provider component should have a targetService attribute equals two the name of the external webservice.

Hope this helps you,
João Vieira da Luz