Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com> on 2014/10/08 15:34:57 UTC

1.8.x branch freeze!

Hi all

Please consider the 1.8.x branches of all repos frozen as of now for
the 1.8.1 release. I'm not actually going to be able to get the
releases started for an hour or so, so please shout if there's
something you urgently still need to get in...

Regards

ap

Re: 1.8.x branch freeze!

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
I'd say proceed without the changes. As Everett pointed in previous
comments there will always be pull requests to merge and reasons to delay
the release.

This is a minor, and don't see those PRs as blocker, so I think we should
proceed with the release.

Re: 1.8.x branch freeze!

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
Here's the feedback which I think says "go" anyway. Let's please
prioritize ending the madness of the terrible ConcreteBuilder crap in
the next version or two so folks don't accidentally emulate it then
feel torn being asked to undo it.

---
There is no problem closing the PR and openning a new one on master.
Its not life and death as far as these api goes.
Plus you guys are ripping me a new one on the code review lol :D

Although regarding the extention api I think that making the
parameters nulleble will make the code simpler and easier to manage
(consider muti types of extention on one api you wont see the end of
it regarding enharetance classes for extentions (i am talking about PR
562... )

Re: 1.8.x branch freeze!

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.

Re: 1.8.x branch freeze!