Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2012/07/05 01:11:28 UTC

Missing 0.94.1-SNAPSHOT artifacts

Guys,

any reason there are no SNAPSHOT artifacts published for 0.94.1?
If this is a simple omission I can re-enable Apache Jenkins builds
to do so from this branch: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/branches/0.94/

Please holler if you don't want it to happen (for whatever reason).

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Missing 0.94.1-SNAPSHOT artifacts

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Roman,

I've tweaked that build so that the post build steps don't cause it look
like it failed.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Missing 0.94.1-SNAPSHOT artifacts

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Roman,

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> wrote:
> Jesse +1ed it so that's good enough for me.  Committed.

Thanks Andrew! I pushed the latest HBase snapshot artifacts and
Sqoop seems to be fine now.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Jesse +1ed it so that's good enough for me.  Committed.

    - Andy

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)

Re: Missing 0.94.1-SNAPSHOT artifacts

Posted by N Keywal <nk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)

Re: Missing 0.94.1-SNAPSHOT artifacts

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by N Keywal <nk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roman,

I monitor carefully the dependency we have on these private version:
see the backgroung in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4955
For both surefire and junit, we met bugs and fixed them. They're
committed in the junit trunk and surefire trunk.
For JUnit, we're waiting for the 4.11 release, the 4.10 being now 9
months old. Our fix was proposed 8 months ago, integrated to trunk 4
months ago.

We need it for the categories in surefire. Without this fix, JUnit
tries to fully initialize the classes when checking for categories.
Full story is here: https://github.com/KentBeck/junit/issues/359

In any case, HBase production code does not depend on them. This
dependency is only for the tests classes. If you don't run the hbase
tests, you can use the 4.10 version of JUnit.

If I understand well you want to push the artifact to a repo? Would it
make sense to use a specific maven profile? Such a profile already
exists actually. With "-P localTests", you desactivating categories.
It should be possible to set a JUnit 4.10 dependency on this existing
profile.

Cheers,,

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The special junit version is for running tests in parallel.

How is this different from the parallel runner available in JUnit 4.7+
    http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/junit.html
?

> Does any other Apache project run unit tests in parallel ?

Sure. See above.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. The troublesome bit here is that HBase now depends on the
artifact that is not really reproducible. If there's a legitimate reason
of why migration to JUnit 4.7+ is not possible I think we have to
figure out how to depend on the required functionality without
this additional pain. Perhaps I can help with migration.

Re: Missing 0.94.1-SNAPSHOT artifacts

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
The special junit version is for running tests in parallel.

Does any other Apache project run unit tests in parallel ?

Cheers

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.