Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Samarth Jain <sa...@apache.org> on 2016/06/28 17:11:18 UTC

Re: question on calltimeout

+user@phoenix
Larry which version of HBase and Phoenix are you using? Starting from 4.7
Phoenix takes care of automatically renewing scanner leases which should
such timeouts. To take advantage of that feature, you would need to use an
HBase version to a version as recent as 0.98.17 if you are using HBase-0.98
or 1.3.0
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12332794>, 1.2.1
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12332824>, 1.0.3
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12332968>, 1.1.3
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12333152> if you
are using HBase-1.x

Re: question on calltimeout

Posted by Alicia Shu <as...@hortonworks.com>.
>Would you please explain more on the second point? I mean, what should I do?

You need to export the path to hbase configuration directory to pick up the changes, for example:
export HBASE_CONF_PATH=/etc/hbase/conf/

If you are running a bulkLoad job, do something like:

java -cp `hbase classpath` /usr/lib/phoenix/phoenix-4.4.xxx-client.jar org.apache.phoenix.mapreduce.CsvBulkLoadTool -table test_table  --input /tmp/csvFile.csv

Alicia

From: Samarth Jain <sa...@apache.org>>
Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 10:11 AM
To: Larry Mi <lm...@tapestrysolutions.com>>, "user@phoenix.apache.org<ma...@phoenix.apache.org>" <us...@phoenix.apache.org>>