Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Loïc Minier <lo...@via.ecp.fr> on 2003/03/12 01:08:21 UTC

Dashed polyline not rounding

      Hey,

   Thanks for previous nice answers.

   I'd like to make a dashed polyline with rounded edges, however the
 following does not work:

    <polyline fill="none" stroke="blue" stroke-width="3" stroke-dasharray="3,2"
              stroke-linecap="round" stroke-linejoin="round"
              points="0,205 -100,205 12,42"/>

   Since I'm a bad SVG writer, I suspect my interpretation of the norm
 is wrong, but I also suspected batik might not render the previous
 according to the definition. Could someone shed light on this?

--
Loïc Minier <lo...@via.ecp.fr>

RE: Dashed polyline not rounding

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

LM>    I'd like to make a dashed polyline with rounded edges, however
LM> the following does not work:

LM>     <polyline fill="none" stroke="blue" stroke-width="3"
LM> stroke-dasharray="3,2" stroke-linecap="round"
LM> stroke-linejoin="round" points="0,205 -100,205 12,42"/>

LM>    Since I'm a bad SVG writer, I suspect my interpretation of the
LM> norm is wrong, but I also suspected batik might not render the
LM> previous according to the definition. Could someone shed light on
LM> this?

    It's rendering it correctly.  The rounds on the ends of
the dash's are merging, try: stroke-dasharray="3,5"