Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Santerre <cs...@MerchantsOverseas.com> on 2004/07/19 21:19:20 UTC

[RDJ] Is it broken?

I think we may have found the problem. I think RDJ needs to be updated for
the rate limiter. Here is some info I got offlist:

"Whatever script this user is using to download the new rules is NOT
checking HTTP status codes, so it's not noticing that the server is
returnining an error 502 instead of a 200/OK.  This should be changed
immediately in the user's download script if he wants to avoid the lint
errors.  If the server returns a 502, the script should abort and stop
making requests for at least 24 hours.  Until he gives it a rest for at
least a 24-consecutive-hour-period, the rate limiter will not (ever) let him
back in."

I have had the rate limiter off since Friday afternoon. (I think) But I have
raised the limit so we can try to get this working properly. But I think RDJ
needs some tweaking.

Chris Santerre
System Admin and SARE Ninja
http://www.rulesemporium.com
http://www.surbl.org
'It is not the strongest of the species that survives,
not the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.'
Charles Darwin