Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Whut Jia <wh...@163.com> on 2011/01/16 09:32:49 UTC

How to add referer header in external redirect?

Hi all,
I need some help with a redirecting/referrer issue. If I do a 303 redirect in my module (by this way below:
apr_table_setn(r->headers_out,"Location","http://idp/login.html");
return HTTP_SEE_OTHER;)
In order to I can see the  referrer header when jumping to the new page,how do I solve this??

Thanks,
ajxs.

Re: How to add referer header in external redirect?

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On 16 Jan 2011, at 12:59, Eric Covener wrote:

>> I need some help with a redirecting/referrer issue. If I do a 303 redirect in my module (by this way below:
>> apr_table_setn(r->headers_out,"Location","http://idp/login.html");
>
> err_headers_out to be preserved when an errordoc is sent for  non-2xx response.

Won't make any difference to someone trying to set a request header in a response.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html

Re: How to add referer header in external redirect?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re:Re: How to add a cookie header in response headers when do external redirect?

Posted by Whut Jia <wh...@163.com>.
Hello Eric Covener
Thank you for your answer.Your are right.

Re: Re: How to send a jpeg-file in Handler

Posted by Sorin Manolache <so...@gmail.com>.
2011/1/19 Whut  Jia <wh...@163.com>:
> Hi Sorin Manolache,
> According your ways(ap_send_fd()),it is work.The picture is returned to client.But myself-set cookie content are not returned , why??
> Begin sending jpg-file,I set a cookie in headers_out :
> r->content_type="image/jpeg";
> apr_table_setn(r->headers_out,"Set-Cookie",cookie-contence);
> ap_send_fd(fd, request, 0, file_size, &bytes_sent);
> return OK;
> Besides,the request address of the jpeg picture ishttp://www.whut.com/portal/logout.jpg. This request is sent from the response page of ahttp://www.jjsonicIDP.com/saml/logout.action request .
> Thanks,
> ajxs

I don't know why the cookie is not sent.

Try apr_table_set(r->err_headers_out, ...);

Also, are you sure that the pointer to cookie_contents is still valid
at the very end of the request processing, that is _after_ you return
from the handler. If not, try apr_table_set instead of apr_table_setn.

Sorin

Re: Re: How to send a jpeg-file in Handler

Posted by Whut Jia <wh...@163.com>.
Hi Sorin Manolache,

Posted by Sorin Manolache <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ben Noordhuis <in...@bnoordhuis.nl>.
2011/1/19 Whut  Jia <wh...@163.com>:
> Can I don't use sub-request??
> I want only a single picture to client;Just like the same as sending a text :
> r->content_type="text/html";
> ap_rputs("helloworld",r);
> return OK;

Not sure what you mean. If it's a single static image, convert it to a
C byte array and send it with ap_rwrite().

Re:Re: How to send a jpeg-file in Handler

Posted by Whut Jia <wh...@163.com>.
Can I don't use sub-request??

Posted by Ben Noordhuis <in...@bnoordhuis.nl>.

Posted by Whut Jia <wh...@163.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
2011/1/17 Whut  Jia <wh...@163.com>:
> Hi,
> I want to save accessed uri into response cookie before doing a external redirect,according this way below:
>  apr_table_setn(r->headers_out,"Location","http://www.idp.com/login.jsp");
> apr_table_setn(r->headers_out,"Set-Cookie",r->uri);
> return HTTP_SEE_OTHER;
> But in client ,I cannot always find cookie header in response headers ,why  ?How do I solve this??
> Thanks,

r->err_headers_out?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

How to add a cookie header in response headers when do external redirect?

Posted by Ray Morris <su...@bettercgi.com>.
  It's up to the browser what to send back after being redirected.
You could either a) not send a redirect header, but rather do an
internal redirect, or b) probably better would be to append the
encoded referer to the query string.
--
Ray Morris
support@bettercgi.com