Posted to scm-users@maven.apache.org by Markus KARG <ma...@gmx.net> on 2009/02/28 10:41:57 UTC

How to move files without losing its history?

Dear SCM Community,

I am writing a custom plugin, and I need to move a file from one location on
the harddisk to another, but the SCM history shall not get lost. So instead
of just using simple Java File API I want to use SCM API, since I know that
e. g. Subversion is able to perform such a local operation (svn move
command, or svn copy plus svn remove commands) and SCM supports Subversion.

So my question is: What are the correct SCM API commands to perform (in the
end) something like "svn move" on my local disk?

Thanks a lot!

Markus