Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashish <as...@yahoo.com> on 2012/01/27 09:26:37 UTC

Maven parallel build with selective dependency exclusions

Hi,
  I have a multi-module project and I want to create a shorter version of the build that selectively builds a sub-set of the modules. I am using a maven profile for this. So if total I have module  a, b, c, d and e, in a profile I have a module list of a, b and c. The module c's pom.xml has a dependency on d which I don't want to build, and even if I have to build I do not want to execute its Testcases. The optional = true doesn't work and if a dependency exclusion in the profile is not working either. So how can I write a profile to either skip d and e but still build 'c' or execute Testcases (cucumber testcases + Junit) for a, b and c but just compile d and e if I have to. Appreciate your help,

-Ashish