Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2008/01/21 20:32:00 UTC

T4: Popup window

Hi,

T3 had a PopupLink component which was nice.  It appears this is gone in T4,
presumably in favor of something Dojo related.  What then is the preferred
approach for loading a page into a popup window?  If there isn't one, I'll
just duplicate PopupLink locally, but I figured there was something either
at Tacos or based on the Dialog widget.  I just couldn't figure out how to
get it to load and render a page.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: T4: Popup window

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.
links can accept a linkrenderer parameter
& tapestry-contrib has PopupLinkRenderer
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-contrib/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/link/PopupLinkRenderer.html

On Jan 21, 2008 9:32 PM, Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> T3 had a PopupLink component which was nice.  It appears this is gone in T4,
> presumably in favor of something Dojo related.  What then is the preferred
> approach for loading a page into a popup window?  If there isn't one, I'll
> just duplicate PopupLink locally, but I figured there was something either
> at Tacos or based on the Dialog widget.  I just couldn't figure out how to
> get it to load and render a page.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: T4: Popup window

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
That indeed does the trick.

Thanks for the quick responses, Jesse and Andy.

--
Kevin

On 1/21/08 2:39 PM, in article
7926817e0801211139p286f6a37h34d33320dcc3ef4c@mail.gmail.com, "Jesse Kuhnert"

Re: T4: Popup window

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I think it was replaced by the "renderer" parameter that most link
components support.

There is still a PopupLinkRenderer to plug-in - which the Inspector
component uses.   We need to add some documentation on these extra
link renderers in the org.apache.tapestry.contrib.link package.
Here's a sample of how the InspectorButton uses it:

<bean name="renderer"
class="org.apache.tapestry.contrib.link.PopupLinkRenderer">
        <set name="windowName" value="literal:TapestryInspector"/>
        <set name="features">
            'titlebar,resizable,scrollbars,width=700,height=600'
        </set>
    </bean>

    <component id="link" type="DirectLink">
        <binding name="listener" value="listener:trigger"/>
        <binding name="stateful" value="false"/>
        <binding name="renderer" value="bean:renderer"/>
    </component>

On Jan 21, 2008 2:32 PM, Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> T3 had a PopupLink component which was nice.  It appears this is gone in T4,
> presumably in favor of something Dojo related.  What then is the preferred
> approach for loading a page into a popup window?  If there isn't one, I'll
> just duplicate PopupLink locally, but I figured there was something either
> at Tacos or based on the Dialog widget.  I just couldn't figure out how to
> get it to load and render a page.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry / OGNL / Dojo team member/developer