Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by machhindra nale <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/16 08:55:43 UTC

SFTSubsystem new feature request

Hello Dev,

I am working on a project which requires FTP service. I used Mina-FTPServer
and FTPLET apis to handle the FTP client request and customize the behavior.

e.g -
  public FtpletResult beforeCommand(FtpSession session, FtpRequest request)
  public FtpletResult onConnect(FtpSession session) *throws* FtpException,

Now I want to do the same with the SFTP server as well. I need to use SFTP
subsystem in the similar fashion, so that I can provide my custom
authentication, custom behavior, house keeping when I receive GET, PUT
commands etc.

Is it possible with the Apache Mina SSHD
0.4.0?<http://mina.apache.org/sshd/2010/05/14/apache-mina-sshd-040-released.html>

Please let me know when SFTP v4, v5 support will be available. Depending on
the answers I will make recommendation to my organization.

thanks,
Machhindra

Re: SFTSubsystem new feature request

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I don't think it's currently possible as we don't have the necessary callbacks.
For SFTP v4, v5, I've no clear idea where we stand here, I think we
mostly support v3.
That said, you'd be more than welcome to provide patches to add the
features you need to perform your authentication checks or to add
better support for sftp v4 or v5.  I'd be happy to help reviewing and
applying those patches ...

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet