Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Katherine Fraser <Ka...@HOSystems.com> on 2001/12/05 15:54:11 UTC

ftp server crash running tomcat 4 with iis

hi, all-
  i'm trying to get tomcat 4.0.1 working on my w2k server running iis
5.0.  i have followed the directions found at
http://www.vacodi.com/howto/tomcat/iisnt/index.html using jdk 1.3.1_01
and the isapi_redirector.dll (10/25/01) and tomcat is running fine,
i.e., i can go to http://localhost:8080 and see the tomcat pages.

  i have added a filter in iis and a context in uriworkermap.properties
for all jsp pages in the root web directory to use default.worker=ajp13.
these pages are getting redirected *somewhere* since before the filter
was in effect i could see the html portion of a jsp and now i get a
"page cannot be displayed" error.  also, when i try to pull up a
filtered page, the ftp service on the machine is shut down and has to be
restarted.  there is no port conflict (ajp13 connector is listening on
8009 and the ftp sites are on 21 and 2100) and i'm not seeing anything
in the tomcat logs to help me out.

  does anybody have an idea what might be causing me to not be able to
see jsp's via tomcat on iis?  i've checked the archives and couldn't
find any instructions on how to set it up other than what i've already
tried.
thanks in advance,
katherine