Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Peter Abramowitsch <pa...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/18 10:18:59 UTC

Issue with dictionary creator?

Has anyone seen an issue where a dictionary is created from UMLS sources
where there is no entry in PREFTERM for a valid CUI that is present in TUI,
CUI_TERMS, and SNOMEDCT_US?.

It seems to be happening in certain medication mentions where there is a
base drug instance and then various forms.  It could be that one of the
form descriptions is obsolete, but that wouldn't explain why it was only
half-present in the resulting dictionary.

for instance

clobetasol CUI 8992  has an entry in every table
clobetasol emollient  CUI 4520933  has all information in every table
clobetasol topical  CUI 3207574 but is missing only in PREFTERM

cui_term
'3207574','0','2','clobetasol topical','clobetasol'
'3207574','0','8','clobetasol - containing product in cutaneous dose
form','clobetasol'

Tui
'3207574','200'

Snomed
'3207574','771278006'

Prefterm
Blank.

Peter

RE: Issue with dictionary creator?

Posted by "Monogyiou, Eugenia" <Eu...@nttdata.com>.
Hi Peter,

Yes I have (before I started using the cased format) and it was only medication indeed-- however it was  drugs that should not be annotated as such in the first place , e.g. today as an antibiotic which led me to think it may have had something to do with broken links, even residuals from efforts to "fix" certain entries perhaps?  Our cohort was for heart attack so not a very broad range of meds were present in the letters; perhaps I did not encounter "valid" cases just out of luck because of the specific cohort...?

Kind Regards,

Eugenia Monogyiou

[...]

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying or forwarding.

Re: Issue with dictionary creator? [EXTERNAL]

Posted by Peter Abramowitsch <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sean and Eugenia,

I'm glad that it's not just me.   I'll do some stats on this.  I also found
another possible issue where there's no current snomed mapping for a CUI
(perhaps one of them is obsolete), so what happens then that the CUI based
entry remains in TUI and in CUI_TERMS, but there's none in either SNOMEDCT
or in PREFTERM.

Peter

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Peter, Eugenia,