Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sonny Sukumar <ah...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/01 00:16:18 UTC

Re: HTML code shown in browser, not parsed

Hey thanks for identifying the problem and fixing it.  If I don't specify a
mime-type for map:read does it always default to  "text/html"?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Sonny Sukumar wrote:

> Hey thanks for identifying the problem and fixing it.  If I don't
> specify a mime-type for map:read does it always default to  "text/html"?

It tries to work it out from the specified source. Using text/html by
default wouldn't necessarily make sense, HTML is a relatively uncommon
use of readers.

Regards, Upayavira

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Sonny Sukumar wrote:

> Hey thanks for identifying the problem and fixing it.  If I don't
> specify a mime-type for map:read does it always default to  "text/html"?

Nope : the ResourceReader (the default one) tries to determine the mime
type from the extension of the "src" attribute using
ServletContext.getMimeType().

Sylvain