Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Deepak Vohra <dv...@yahoo.com> on 2016/04/25 22:57:14 UTC

Re:

sqoop import into HDFS. Which database is used?

 To: user@sqoop.apache.org
 Date: Monday, April 25, 2016, 11:59 AM

 HI,

 I have the following use case:

 We have several SQL databases in different locations. And we
 need to load them in HDFS.
 The problem is that due to security concerns we do not have
 direct access from Hadoop cluster to those databases.
 But we can push data from our SQL servers to Hadoop.
 Is it possible to do something like push load using sqoop?

 Thanks in advance.

Re:

Posted by Amit Kumar <ak...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe me plz

Re:

Posted by Scott Shaw <ss...@hortonworks.com>.
You’re best approach is to schedule a SQL Server job and export the tables as csv files to a landing zone. You can then load these into HDFS.

Scott Shaw
Sr. Solutions Engineer
sshaw@hortonworks.com
+1.314.517.2126