Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Arthur van Dam <ad...@cs.uu.nl> on 2003/04/11 12:20:35 UTC

RE: Problem with the Python bindings

I have the same problem as Perttu.
I use:
neon 0.23.5
swig 1.3.16u-20021214-2145
httpd-2.0.45  (with apr)
subversion 0.20.1 (r5603)

And configured with
---
./configure --enable-maintainer-mode
--with-apr=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apr-config
--with-apr-util=/usr/local/apache2 --with-neon=/usr
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-berkeley-db=/usr
--with-swig=/usr --with-ssl --with-jdk=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_02
---

Compilation of this latest checkout of subversion goes fine (no errors,
no warnings), even `make check` goes fine.
But the swig/python svn/_util.so has problems:
---
>>> from svn import fs
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/svn-python/svn/fs.py", line 25, in ?
    import _util
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/svn/_util.so: undefined
symbol: svn_delta_default_editor
---
Other modules that don't include _util.so work fine:
---
>>> from svn import repos

---

I wondered whether the error above had anything to do with he
--width-editor option, but that didn't cause the error.
Does anyone have an idea? I really need the python-modules...

Arthur
--
eye@eye-home.net
http://www.eye-home.net

Posted by Arthur van Dam <ad...@cs.uu.nl>.
Karl Fogel wrote:
> Could there be a mismatch between your installed swig Python svn and
what you just built?  Did you do
>    $ make swig-py
> and
>    $ make install-swig-py

I did a

  $ make

followed by:

  $ make install-swig-py

And it worked fine:
http://www.eye-home.net/scratch/subversion/install-swig-py.log

I only get errors when I want to use these newly compiled
python-modules.

I do realize that I actually should run

  $ make install

But I didn't want to install the full new subversion yet into its final
destination. (A previous version from the 'summersoft.fay.ay.us' 0.20.1
RPM is installed) This should not be the problem, however, since
_util.so is built and installed by the swig-py part.

Tomorrow I will complete remove the RPM and `make` and `make install`
the full subversion pack. Hope that helps.

Arthur

Re: Problem with the Python bindings

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
"Arthur van Dam" <ad...@cs.uu.nl> writes:
> Compilation of this latest checkout of subversion goes fine (no errors,
> no warnings), even `make check` goes fine.
> But the swig/python svn/_util.so has problems:
> ---
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "/usr/local/lib/svn-python/svn/fs.py", line 25, in ?
>     import _util
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/svn/_util.so: undefined
> symbol: svn_delta_default_editor
> ---
> Other modules that don't include _util.so work fine:
> ---
> >>>
> ---

Could there be a mismatch between your installed swig Python svn and
what you just built?  Did you do

   $ make swig-py

and

   $ make install-swig-py

(sorry, I know it's a basic question, but your mail didn't say, so I
wanted to make sure...)

-K