Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Amarendra Godbole <am...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/13 23:36:43 UTC

Revision 1601333 - Fix for CVE-2014-0227

Hello,

This is my first post, and thank you the Apache team for bring us
Tomcat. Your hard work is greatly appreciated!

I have a query about the fix for request smuggling issue
(CVE-2014-0227) -- when I inspected revision 1601333, I fail to
understand what the fix is, since all the patch seems to do is some
i18n cleanup, and add a boolean variable "error". Or did I miss
something?

Thanks.

-Amarendra

RE: Revision 1601333 - Fix for CVE-2014-0227

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Amarendra Godbole [mailto:amarendra.godbole@gmail.com]
> Subject: Revision 1601333 - Fix for CVE-2014-0227

> I have a query about the fix for request smuggling issue
> (CVE-2014-0227) -- when I inspected revision 1601333, I fail to
> understand what the fix is, since all the patch seems to do is some
> i18n cleanup, and add a boolean variable "error". Or did I miss
> something?

You missed the code at the end of the module that sets the error flag, the new method to check the flag, and the call to that method.  The checkError() method is invoked in the doRead() method to insure nothing more is processed in this request.

 - Chuck