Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2012/01/13 19:24:41 UTC

apache parent pom 10

Hi!

I saw that we use a pretty old apache parent-7.
We should upgrade to version 10 which improves support for maven-3 and other goodies.

Of course this needs some testing and a comparison of dependency and plugin versions we get due to this.

Btw, I'll be on vacation from tomorrow on till next friday. Means you have at least 7 days before I return to my task with preparing the 2.2.0 release. I'll catch up next friday and check the status.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: apache parent pom 10

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Improving the Release mechanisms sounds like a good plus to this move...
 :-)

Kevin

Re: apache parent pom 10

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Moving up should be okay, as long as the required runtime dependencies don't change.
When I updated the builds to use the new Nexus repo, 7 was the version everyone said to use.

-Donald

________________________________

Re: apache parent pom 10

Posted by Albert Lee <al...@gmail.com>.
If we decide to move to the new level, I recommend to do this after 2.2.0
release to give a longer run way to flush out any problems introduce with
this upgrade..

Albert

--
Albert Lee.