Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Markus Wiederkehr <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/01 14:10:32 UTC

Re: [mime4j] Remove StringArrayMap?

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Markus Wiederkehr
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does org.apache.james.mime4j.util.StringArrayMap serve any purpose? It
> does not seem to be used anywhere and in my opinion should be removed
> or marked as deprecated..

I have just stumbled upon MIME4J-24. Maybe this class serves a purpose
after all? I don't know, you have to decide.

If the class should be kept I would at least suggest some refactoring.
All the methods that return Enumerations should be refactored to
return Iterators and possibly more like that.

Markus

Re: [mime4j] Remove StringArrayMap?

Posted by Markus Wiederkehr <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Markus Wiederkehr
> <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Markus Wiederkehr
>> <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Does org.apache.james.mime4j.util.StringArrayMap serve any purpose? It
>>> does not seem to be used anywhere and in my opinion should be removed
>>> or marked as deprecated..
>>
>> I have just stumbled upon MIME4J-24. Maybe this class serves a purpose
>> after all? I don't know, you have to decide.
>
> At the very least, it needs to be better documented

I have reverted the deprecation and added a bit more documentation
including a reference to MIME4J-24.

>> If the class should be kept I would at least suggest some refactoring.
>> All the methods that return Enumerations should be refactored to
>> return Iterators and possibly more like that.
>
> submit a patch ;-)

Sorry, not a priority right now. Besides I don't want to break
anything in Commons Fileupload..

Markus

Re: [mime4j] Remove StringArrayMap?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Markus Wiederkehr
> <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does org.apache.james.mime4j.util.StringArrayMap serve any purpose? It
>> does not seem to be used anywhere and in my opinion should be removed
>> or marked as deprecated..
>
> I have just stumbled upon MIME4J-24. Maybe this class serves a purpose
> after all? I don't know, you have to decide.

At the very least, it needs to be better documented

> If the class should be kept I would at least suggest some refactoring.
> All the methods that return Enumerations should be refactored to
> return Iterators and possibly more like that.

submit a patch ;-)

- robert