Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it> on 2015/08/17 11:23:52 UTC

DataSource vs DataSet

Hi flinkers,
I have a very simple question for you after the reading of the amazing blog
page posted by Nezih Yigitbasi at http://t.co/dCDfFf6DhW (that shows how to
integrate Flink and Avro-Parquet through Kite SDK).

Is there any code style policy about when to use DataSource or when to use
DataSet as the type of an input source? I usually use DataSet but I could
use DataSource as well..is there any reason to prefer the first over the
second?

Best,
Flavio

Re: DataSource vs DataSet

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi!

They are really the same. The DataSource is the subclass of DataSet which
is used when sou do a source operation (env.readTextFile(...) returns a
DataSource for example).

Greetings,
Stephan