Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2005/02/22 21:38:02 UTC

DynaActionForms Question

Hello,

I have a question about using DynaActionForm objects. I would like to use DynaActionForm class to keep maintenance simpler. But I do not know how to get the form values out in the action class?

I have the following bean set up.

  <form-beans>
    <form-bean
       name="loginbean"
       type="org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm">
        <form-property name="name" type="java.lang.String" initial="Titan" />
     </form-bean>
  </form-beans>

Now in the action class when I am working in the execute() method
how do I get the data back from the bean?

I tried the following
 public ActionForward executeAction(ActionMapping mapping,
                               ActionForm form,
                               HttpServletRequest request,
                               HttpServletResponse response,
                               UserContainer userContainer)
    throws Exception {

    //    MenuObject menu = new MenuObject();
    System.out.println((String)form.getName());

and of course it will not compile, because it doesn't recognize any methods in the form. Can you not get data back from a dynaform like you can a normal bean?

Thanks
Scott

RE: DynaActionForms Question

Posted by Joe Hertz <jh...@speakeasy.net>.
DynaActionForm df = (DynaActionForm) form;

System.out.println(df.get("name"));