Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by paul jobs <we...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/19 06:56:22 UTC

starting couchdb using rc.d script

 sudo  /usr/local/etc/rc.d/couchdb start
Starting database server couchdb
Apache CouchDB needs write permission on the PID file:
/usr/local/var/run/couchdb.pid
Error with database server: couchdb

What user should own /usr/local/var/run/couchdb.pid

i tried couchdb user that doesnt work

thanks a lot

Re: starting couchdb using rc.d script

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.
I might be totally wrong about this, but you might want to make sure
couchdb is in the group that owns the run directory. When you do
figure it out, will you post back and let us know, so we can make the
docs clearer? Thanks!

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com

Re: starting couchdb using rc.d script

Posted by paul jobs <we...@gmail.com>.
yes couchdb user exists

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by lenz <no...@googlemail.com>.
hat some interesting issues on FreeBSD as well, looks like the couchdb user
wants to have proper shell (/sbin/nologin did not work for some reason)
cheers
lenz

Posted by Thibaut Barrère <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,