Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by 953396112 <13...@qq.com> on 2020/11/10 12:47:37 UTC

回复:[DISCUSS] State of the project 2020

Hi Stamatis,

Thanks for your great work!

Calcite is very good at semantic transformation of relational algebra. In the process of the project, users can optimize relational algebra by implementing RelOptRule or RelShuttle and so on, so as to bring relational algebra into physical query engine. Another point is the construction of materialized view recognition framework, which realizes the ability of materialized view recognition of common relational algebra. The expression of relational algebra is very flexible, and it can do better in identifying various materialized views.

+1 for voting Haisheng.

Best,
Zhaohui Xu

Posted by Haisheng Yuan <hy...@apache.org>.
Thank you for serving as Calcite PMC chair, you are a great help for Calcite community.

I feel more than happy and honored to be nominated as candidate of chair for next year, I will do my best and continue serving the community if I were selected.

Thanks,
Haisheng Yuan

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Forward Xu <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stamatis,

Posted by Danny Chan <da...@apache.org>.
Oops, i just saw the mail ~
Thanks Stamatis Zampetakis for the whole year nice work, you are always
warm and nice to work with.

I'm also +1 for Haisheng being the PMC chair, he is experienced in
optimizer and i believe he would take Calcite to a better direction in the
following year ~

Also thanks all the contributors to Calcite, Calcite becomes more and more
popular because of your active contributions ~

Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com> 于2020年11月25日周三 上午7:19写道:

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.