Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by bart wood <ba...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/23 05:17:21 UTC

Log4J with Velocity / macro autoreload

I've searched around the internet for a while looking for an explination of
how to configure Log4J with Velocity but I've been unable to locate a good
tutorial.  Can anyone point me towards a good one?

I'm trying to use the autoreload flag in the velocity.properties file but
with no success.  I've seen several postings in this news group's archive
but I've been unable to use any of the postings to get autoreload to work.
The configuration that I thought would be most successfull is...

resource.loader = file

file.resource.loader.path = /
file.resource.loader.cache = false
file.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval = 1

velocimacro.library.autoreload = true
velocimacro.library = /WEB-INF/VM_global_library.vm

The main problem I'm having is that I'm using Tiles.  When I add the
file.resource properties the Tiles code is unable to locate tile templates.
The tile templates are located under $appRoot\TileTemplates.  I get an error
message similar to "Tiles Error: Unable to locate the resource
\TilesTemplates\GeneralLayout.vm".
Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?