Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 杨杰 <xt...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/20 00:06:33 UTC

libhdfs on hadoop 0.20.0 release

NOTE: for amd64 architecture, libhdfs will not compile unless you edit
the Makefile in src/c++/libhdfs/Makefile and set OS_ARCH=amd64
(probably the same for others too). See
[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3344 HADOOP-3344]

Common build problems include not finding the libjvm.so in
JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/OS_ARCH/server or not finding fuse in
FUSE_HOME or /usr/local.

In the guide, it's suggested to modify *Makefile, *but in the 0.20.0
release, there is no such file but a Makefile.am and Makefile.in. I don't
know how to change then. As a result my "libhdfs.so" refuses to come, which
has puzzled me for long~~

Is there anyone has the experience on configuring the fuse-dfs based on the
ubuntu server ( amd64) ? will you please give me a guide ?

Thank you!

--
Yang Jie(杨杰)
Group of CLOUD, Xi'an Jiaotong University

hi.baidu.com/thinkdifferent
PHONE: 86 1346888 3723
TEL: 86 29 82665263 EXT. 24
MSN: xtyangjie2004@yahoo.com.cn

Re: libhdfs on hadoop 0.20.0 release

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Yang Jie,

The following works for me on hadoop-0.20.1 on ubuntu 9.04 (amd64)

ant -Dcompile.c++=true -Dlibhdfs=true compile-c++-libhdfs

You can see how libhdfs (and the rest of hadoop) is built in CDH by
looking at the file cloudera/do-release-build in the source:

http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh

Thanks,
Eli

Posted by Simon <gs...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you need to run ./configure first to generate Makefile for your
specific system?