Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com> on 2005/01/26 05:03:04 UTC

[all][VOTE][Results] commons svn migration

More than 72 hours have passed for this vote, I think everyone has had
ample opportunity to weigh in.

We need to do this when Justin is free, and that happens to be Thursday
morning or afternoon.  Most other conversions are simple one shot
conversions, but commons is really more of a series of conversions -
each component is converted separately, combined, and then dumped to a
dump which we can then import into the ASF repository.  It takes 3-4
hours, so when I confirm with Justin, I'll send a note to commons-dev
with the time we'll lock the CVS repository.

Henri, what, if anything, do we need to do to migrate karma?

Vote Summary follows:

The original vote message:

"This is a vote thread for migrating commons to SVN.  If this vote
passes, I'll contact Justin and schedule the least disruptive migration
time possible."

Vote: 16 +1s, 4 +0s, 5 -0s, 0 -1s

+0 Emmanuel Bourg
+1 Don Brown
+0 Steve Cohen (+0.75)
-0 Stephen Colebourne (-0.9)
+1 Martin Cooper
+1 Torsten Curdt
+1 Mark Diggory
+1 Mauro Franceschini
+1 Joe Germuska
-0 Dion Gillard
-0 Hans Glide
+1 David Graham
-0 Gary Gregory
+0 Oliver Heger
+1 Ted Husted
+0 Mario Ivankovits
+1 Jerome Jar
+1 Oleg Kalnichevski
+1 Paul Libbrecht
+1 Alex Karasulu
+1 Simon Kitching
-0 Peter Royal
+1 Phil Steitz
+1 Rory Winston
+1 Henri Yandell

RE: [all][VOTE][Results] commons svn migration

Posted by Hans Gilde <hg...@earthlink.net>.
I say that if it's to die, let's not have it sitting around rotting. Who
wants CVS is it's not up to date?

Hans

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Not sure how long [CVS] stays either.

The CVS repositories stick around for Committers, but are generally removed
from public view to prevent confusion.

	--- Noel

Re: [all][VOTE][Results] commons svn migration

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Wednesday, January 26, 2005 9:43 PM -0500 Phil Steitz
<ph...@steitz.com> wrote:

> Committers who have not used ASF svn yet will have to run svnpasswd to
> get set up, right?

Correct.  Please see:

<http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn>

HTH.  -- justin

Re: [all][VOTE][Results] commons svn migration

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:03:04 -0500, Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com> wrote:
>
>>More than 72 hours have passed for this vote, I think everyone has had
>>ample opportunity to weigh in.
>>
>>We need to do this when Justin is free, and that happens to be Thursday
>>morning or afternoon.  Most other conversions are simple one shot
>>conversions, but commons is really more of a series of conversions -
>>each component is converted separately, combined, and then dumped to a
>>dump which we can then import into the ASF repository.  It takes 3-4
>>hours, so when I confirm with Justin, I'll send a note to commons-dev
>>with the time we'll lock the CVS repository.
>

> I'll make sure I lurk on the #asfinfra channel on Thursday in case you
> need any help testing etc.
>

>>Henri, what, if anything, do we need to do to migrate karma?
>

> Check with Justin, but they usually handle karma.
>
> It's pretty much a cut and paste from avail to the svn authorization,
> and then they comment out the line in avail.
>
> If you can't commit after the migration, it means an update script
> needs to be run as they've not got it hooked up yet so that a change
> to the svn auth file goes live when it's committed.

Committers who have not used ASF svn yet will have to run svnpasswd to
get set up, right?

Phil

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.