Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/04 18:16:39 UTC

AMQ5 integration: was Re: Camel extension of ActiveMQ

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  A couple of procedural things that
hopefully won't be too onerous and would make life easier for the
project would be to file an ICLA and sign up with JIRA.

http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

We should move this discussion to the dev list only.

I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4337 to
help track this work and copied plugins/activemq to plugins/activemq5
so you'll have a place to work without interfering with the working
amq 4 integration.  Right now plugins/activemq5 is not hooked up to
the main build and would need to be built independently.

Here are some steps I foresee:

     *  create an activemq5 work area under plugins (done)
     * change the artifactIds in the new projects to not conflict with
the old ones (will try to do in the next few minutes)
     * move the specification of amq version from the root pom
dependency management to the activemq and activemq5 plugins. (will try
to do in next few minutes)
     * keep only the broker gbean
     * use an activemq configuration file in var/activemq, referenced
by the broker gbean
     * update dependencies to latest activemq
     * figure out how much of the current jms portlet functionality
can be reasonably kept. From discussions with Hiram I think that
trying to reconfigure the broker while its running is a very bad idea
and we should just drop the parts of the console that try to do this.
     * investigate how to run the amq console in geronimo, preferably
as portlets inside the g. admin console.

Looking forward to working with you on this!
david jencks

On Oct 1, 2008, at 11:16 PM, jfcharles wrote:

> I am interested in being involved in ActiveMQ 5.* integration into
> Geronimo.
> Could you advice on how I could be involved.
>
> John Charles
>

> djencks wrote:
>>

>> On Oct 1, 2008, at 9:01 AM, my_forum wrote:
>>

>>> ActiveMQ as a default JMS provider is destributed wihout Camel
>>> extension. Is
>>> it enough just to add (register) Camel libary to repository like any
>>> other
>>> library. Probably it would be better to substitute activemq-core.jar
>>> with