Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com> on 2013/07/01 21:05:14 UTC

Bug in 4.1-4.2 template upgrade process

Ran sanity check for the 4.1-4.2 upgrade. Went fine with one exception - I
haven't pre-installed the 4.2 system templates, and the update didn't fail.

Hari, can you please fix it as you were the one who implemented system
template upgrade. Steps to reproduce:

1) Istall 4.1.0
2) Add 1 xen cluster with 1 host and 1 primary storage.

mysql> select distinct(hypervisor_type) from `cloud`.`cluster` where
removed is null;
+-----------------+
| hypervisor_type |
+-----------------+
| xenserver       |
+-----------------+

3) Upgrade to 4.2

I bet all you have to do is to fix string comparison in Upgrade410to42.java

-alena.

Re: Bug in 4.1-4.2 template upgrade process

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <cl...@aprateek.com>.
This bug is actually with the update cluster command that has put in a bad
cased hypervisor type in DB.
A bug has been posted for that by Hari.

-abhi

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <cl...@aprateek.com>.
Hari,
  The hypervisor comparison should be case insensitive. I think the types
comes from a enum, can you also check the case there and try not to
hardcode the hypervisor string.
Another thing is that we are repeating the code for each HypervisorŠ  this
can be made more compact.