Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chad Brandon <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/07 18:28:23 UTC

1.0.2 startup slow

Hi,

First of all, great job on the 1.0.2 release!  I just download the release
this morning and have been using it, and I've noticed the startup time has
dramatically increased.  Startup time for just typing "maven" was between
2-3 seconds on my machine for versions prior to 1.0.2, but 1.0.2 seems to
take around 25 seconds just to start up.  Has anyone else noticed this? And
is there anything I can do to improve the time? I know about the maven
console plugin however I change directories a lot so it's not a great
alternative unless I just stay in the same directory the entire time.

Thanks!

Chad