Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/20 19:35:39 UTC

Bug in adjournment new pmc chairs

Hi Sam,

Could you please take a look?

Exception
#<Net::SMTPFatalError: 550 5.1.1 <Enumerator:0x007feda8509b58>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

I don't seem to have a javascript console available any more.

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: Bug in adjournment new pmc chairs

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
> On Sep 21, 2017, at 12:26 PM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure.  Reading the error message, it seems that the software
> that sends email (SMTP) believes that one or more of the recipients
> were local (which in this case would mean on whimsy-vm4.apache.org?),
> and that the sending of that message would bounce.
>
> This shouldn't happen.
>
> It probably is best if we both don't try to fix this at the same time;
> so if you are OK with it, let me take it from here?  I'll not only see
> what code needs to be fixed, but I will update the various data
> sources (LDAP, committee-info, etc) and send the necessary emails.
>
> OK?

Yes. What I am thinking is that the email did not go out. I was going to check each new pmc chair to see their status in ldap.

I'm happy to let you run with this.

Thanks

Craig

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.