Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2001/08/15 01:36:18 UTC

[C2] [2.1-dev] class loader problems?

I noticed that XSPs are no longer reloaded in the running Cocoon if
they are modified.

I modify a xsp/simple.xsp and reload the page in my browser, and I
still get the old file. Cocoon correctly notices the file was
modified, it reapplies all the logicsheets to it, it compiles the Java
class into a .class correctly, but it fails to load it. I need to
restart Tomcat to be able to get the new version.

Does anybody else see this? I'm wondering if it's Cocoon's problem or
Tomcat's.

I'm running Tomcat 3.3b1, on Linux with IBM JDK 1.3.0.

Greetings,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>
http://sourceforge.net/users/ovidiu/ (my SourceForge page)

Re: [C2] [2.1-dev] class loader problems?

Posted by Michael Hartle <mh...@hartle-klug.com>.
Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

>I noticed that XSPs are no longer reloaded in the running Cocoon if
>they are modified.
>
>Does anybody else see this? I'm wondering if it's Cocoon's problem or
>Tomcat's.
>
>I'm running Tomcat 3.3b1, on Linux with IBM JDK 1.3.0.

Its an classloader issue with Tomcat 3.3, as far as I can remember a
post some time ago. Try switching to Tomcat 3.23 or Tomcat 4.0b7 as they
do not suffer from this issue; personally I am using Tomcat 4.0b7 with
IBM JDK1.3 on Win2K, not having (or being aware of, I fear) of any problem.

Best regards,

Michael