Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Narasimha Rao Gajje <Na...@mindtree.com> on 2015/09/03 12:09:56 UTC

[users@httpd] RE: Mod_cluser with JBOSS EAP6.3

Did anyone please help me on this.

From: Narasimha Rao Gajje
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:48 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Mod_cluser with JBOSS EAP6.3

Hi All,

I am trying to configure mod_cluster with JBOSS EAP6.3 to achieve proxy server and load balancing features.
First I am trying with single jboss eap server to check with mod_cluster

Following are the instructions followed.

1.       Have installed the JBOSS EAP6.3

2.       Running the JBOSS with in domain mode with full_ha profile. Read that full_ha profile had mod_clustering capabilities. Domain.xml had mod_cluster configuration in <socket-binding-group name="full-ha-sockets" default-interface="public">

3.       Downloaded apache httpd 2.2 and installed it as windows service as I am trying this in windows

4.       Did the following configuration in the httpd.conf file

4.1   Add the following lines at the end of httpd.conf file

<IfModule manager_module>

  Listen localhost:6666

  ManagerBalancerName mycluster

  <VirtualHost localhost:6666>

    <Location />

      Order deny,allow

      Deny from all

      Allow from 127.0.0.1

    </Location>

    KeepAliveTimeout 300

    MaxKeepAliveRequests 0

    ServerAdvertise on http://localhost:6666

    AdvertiseFrequency 5

    #AdvertiseSecurityKey secret

    #AdvertiseGroup @ADVIP@:23364

    EnableMCPMReceive

    <Location /mod_cluster_manager>

      SetHandler mod_cluster-manager

      Order deny,allow

      Deny from all

      Allow from 127.0.0.1

    </Location>

  </VirtualHost>

</IfModule>

4.2   ServerName localhost (added this line0

5.       JBOSS EAP and httpd are starting but I am seeing the following errors in the respective consoles

5.1   httpd console [Wed Sep 02 18:35:56 2015] [crit] [client 127.0.0.1] configuration error:  couldn't perform authentication. AuthType not set!: / [I have not created any auth files. Hope this is not an issue]

5.2   JBOSS EAP console.

[Server:server-three] 17:04:37,713 ERROR [org.jboss.modcluster] (ContainerBackgr

oundProcessor[StandardEngine[jboss.web]]) MODCLUSTER000042: Error null sending I

NFO command to localhost/127.0.0.1:6666, configuration will be reset: null

[Server:server-three] 17:04:47,719 ERROR [org.jboss.modcluster] (ContainerBackgr

6.       URL http://localhost:80/mod_cluster-manager console is throwing following error

7.Internal Server Error

8.      The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

9.      Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

10.  More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I have no clue to figure out the issue. Would some one please help me !

Thanks.

Regards,
Rao
+91- 77 606 333 11

Re: [users@httpd] RE: Mod_cluser with JBOSS EAP6.3

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Narasimha Rao Gajje
<Na...@mindtree.com> wrote:
> Did anyone please help me on this.

mod_cluster is a third-party module, so you may have more chance on
their mailing-list/forum.

Regards,
Yann.