Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org> on 2009/12/09 19:55:41 UTC

Re: svn commit: r834151 - in /tapestry/tapestry5/trunk: src/site/apt/guide/ tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/ tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/services/ tapestry-core/src/test/java/org/apache/tapestry

My original thought on this was to put the contribution in the app
module generated by the quickstart.
Pros: the contribution is simple to modify and customize.
Cons: all of the existing apps still break, as do new apps created
without the context.

So I realized that wasn't going to work well.  But I was still
hesitant to add the contribution.  It's one thing for us to open up
our code, quite another for us to cart blanche open up a bunch of user
assets, without a very simple way of turning that off.  So I wound up
creating a new symbol, SymbolConstants.CONTEXT_ASSETS_AVAILABLE, that
defaults to true, that controls whether the contribution is made or
not.  So users with more specific needs can easily turn off the cart
blanche contribution made by TapestryModule in favor of more fine-
grained control.

I've also gone ahead and changed the return value from 403 (forbidden)
to 404 (not found).  I was swayed by the post that showed that the
servlet spec is supposed to return 404 for request to, eg, WEB-INF.

I'll be writing an integration test specifically for this feature,
backporting, and closing the issue today so that we can get on with a
5.1.0.6 release.

Robert